PTFE LOW PROFILE IMMERSION HEATERS
Over the side vertical or horizontal bottom position heater constructed of thick gauge metal elements covered with heavy wall fluoropolymer (PTFE).
Offers outstanding 10 watts/square inch of heating capacity and a corrosion resistant terminal enclosure.
The PTFE Jacked LOW PROFILE Tubular Element Series is an Over-the-Side Or Horizontal Bottom heater designed to offer superior performance utilizing 10 watts per square inch (1.5w/cm²) of heating capacity. Fluoropolymer (PTFE) heaters are an excellent choice for heating Aqueous acid, alkaline, anodizing and pickling solutions up to 212°F (100°C).
The heater head (terminal enclosure) is available in Nema 4X compliant (consult factory) or vapor tight, corrosion resistant – flame retardant polypropylene, equipped with 3 foot (.9m) corrosion resistant thermoplastic flexible conduit. This product offers thick gauge stainless steel tubular elements covered with heavy wall fluoropolymer (PTFE) reducing permeation, eliminating the need for gas purge systems.
This product is an excellent choice for heating electroless chemistries – not for use in Chromic Acid. Please refer to our Immersion Heater Solution Guide in addition to your chemical supplier for recommended outer heater sheath material.
Durable heavy wall fluoropolymer (PTFE) encases the stainless steel tubular elements offering maximum chemical resistance.
Low watt density, 10 watts/sq.inch (1.5w/cm²) minimizes buildup for longer heater life. Fast heat dissipation.
Over the side design parallel to tank heating.
Bottom design heater section provides even heating with varying liquid levels.
Vapor tight, corrosion resistant – flame retardant polypropylene terminal enclosure with 3 foot (.9m) flexible corrosion resistant thermoplastic flexible conduit. Available in NEMA 4 compliant enclosure (consult factory for specifications).
Grounded internal stainless steel elements.
Over Heat Thermal Fuse Protector is built in (Option A), suitable for solutions up to 190°F (88°C). Available with automatic reset or manual reset thermal protection. Consult factory for available options.
500 to 6,000 watts at 120, 240, 480 volts. 208, 380, 415 and 600 and other custom voltages available. (Consult factory)
- Single phase power.
- Lower watt densities for higher viscous solution and technical acids.
- Standard guards are constructed of polypropylene not for use in Chromic Acid or temperatures above 180°F. Available with Fluoropolymer (PTFE) guards for CHROMIC ACID.
- Custom vertical riser length available (cold zone).
- Longer wire and conduit length available.
- Thermal protection available in various temperatures based on request. Standard protection is fuse operation. Available with self-reset or manual reset protection.
- Available with SEESAW® liquid level control, highly recommended for ultimate safety protection.
- MSDS Sheets required.